A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as previous actions or consents you have given. By clicking on “Allow cookies” you give consent for us to use a cookie.
A cookie is implemented into your browser memory, so that we can better understand how you use our website. The information is then used to improve our website or for marketing.
Cookies are mainly used for the following goals:
- Necessity – used for website functionality
- Functionality – to remember choices made on the website
- Analytic purposes – data used about use and behaviour on the website
- Advertising purposes – to show relevant ads to the website visitors.
- Deciding to share your information is voluntary
- If you do not wish to share information you can choose “Decline”
How will we use your information?
Our main goal by using a Facebook Pixel is to track the actions on our page (like: button clicks, time used, percentage of page seen) and to advertise towards those who use our website. This means we will target ads and events based on the information that we gather from the people using this page. The information that you have provided on Facebook will be available for us, but will be shown in a context like “30% percent of the people who visited your website is male.”
- Information like your age, gender, interests, when you are active and occupation are used to market events and information to a specific target group.
- Information about your actions on the website is used to analyze interest in events and interest in the ISFiT web-page.
- Information like your data-unit (android, apple), IP-address and web-browser is also collected.
The information will be viewed by volunteers within ISFiT, but it will be viewed as part of a statistic and will not be able to identify you. We are at all times following Facebooks’ regulations, which are following GDPR.
To read more about what data is collected by facebook that may be shared with us read Facebooks policy here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Disclosure of information
This website is created by a group of volunteers working within ISFiT, with servers hosted by Amazon Web Services located in Ireland. The team responsible for creating and maintaining the website may need access to the personal data stored in the system for administration and maintenance purposes only.
Rights of the data subject
The right to access and rectify information
You can access your personal information by downloading your data in Account settings on Facebook. If you are wondering how to access that information, you can find guidelines here: https://www.facebook.com/help/1701730696756992 under the tab “How do I download a copy of my information on Facebook?”
The right to withdraw consent and be deleted
- person can withdraw consent by saying “Decline” to the cookie.
- deleting information must be done through facebook
- Because the data can not identify who you are as a person, it will be stored, but only for statistical purposes.
The right of data portability
See The right to access and rectify information
The right to object or restrict the use of your information
If you do not want us to get access to your personal information, click “Decline” on the message on the top of the page and the data will not be stored.
The right to complain
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Our main establishment is in Trondheim, Norway. A complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority can be sent to: Datatilsynet, Postboks 458 Sentrum, 0105 Oslo. For more information on how to complain, please visit their site here. ISFiT is the data controller of your personal information. For further questions about our use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.